Nick Kuryluk, CEO
Ravi Kanipayor, Co-Founder
Ron Emburgh, Co-Founder
ColdBlock Technologies offers a novel and innovative technology for sample digestion – ColdBlock Digestion. ColdBlock Digestion dissolves solid matter into solution for multi-element analysis and is applicable to numerous industries including mining, environmental, agriculture and food. Currently ColdBlock Technologies is working with customers in the mining and environmental space, providing a safer, faster, effective and accurate means for sample digestion.
Milestones/Successes to date
- 6-channel system and 18-channel workstations launched, commercially available, and installed at client sites
- Awarded Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) Contract with Geological Survey of Canada (GSC); ColdBlock rated 9/10 by GSC
- Awarded funding from OCE (Market Readiness Program), MaRS (Embark; Embedded Executive Funding Program), IRAP (Market Research; 24+ Channel Project), NSERC (Lead in Drinking Water)
- Semifinalist in 43North Pitch Competition
- Five publications in peer-reviewed journals; 3 conference presentations with 2 ‘Best Technical Paper’ awards
- Named by Mining Magazine in 2015 as a ‘Top 10 Innovation to Watch’
How has Innovate Niagara / BioLinc helped you?
Innovate Niagara and BioLinc have been instrumental to our success. Biolinc has connected us with valuable resources and opportunities (ie, 43North Competition), facilitated networking and provided us with space to call home. Facilities are available to us to conduct our business. The office space and boardroom have allowed us to have potential clients and collaborators meet with us in ‘our space’ and advance our business. The wet lab space houses our Demonstration Lab, where we work with clients to demonstrate our technology with their real world samples. BioLinc staff have been very generous with their time, advice, and support in sharing our story, working to ensure our continued success.